Positions Available at Ararat Farms
Now Hiring for 2013 Crew
Ararat Farms, a diversified vegetable farm in Lincolnville, is now hiring for its 2013 harvest, fieldwork, and packing house crews. Each crew will operate independently of each other. Applicants may apply for multiple crews.
- Harvest Crew. This crew is responsible for harvesting the Farm’s main crops. Most harvest work is done by hand. Pay is piecework; a hardworking harvester can earn up to $10/hour. Harvest crew members work 15-20 hours/week, depending on weather and season.
- Fieldwork Crew. Responsible for hand fieldwork, such as weeding, cultivating, and plot cleanups. Crew members work 15-20 hours/week, depending on weather and season. Pay $7.50-$10/hour, depending on experience.
- Packing House Crew. Responsible for cleaning and packing produce. Crew members work 2-3 days/week. Pay $7.50-$10/hour, depending on experience.
This is an excellent opportunity for candidates to learn about sustainable agriculture in an on the job setting. No farming experience necessary, but applicants must have a proven ability to work hard in an outdoor setting, and be able to follow oral or written directions thoroughly. Interested applicants should send a resume and three references to Emilia Carbone, farm manager, at email@example.com.
Ararat Farms LLC Seeks Greenhouse Management Intern For 2013
We are seeking a greenhouse management intern to assist us in 2013. This intern would be responsible for the Farm’s seedling and tomato enterprises from May-October, under supervision from the Farm Managers. Weekly tasks include monitoring crops to identify pests, starting seeds and monitoring seedlings; pruning, tying, and harvesting tomatoes, recordkeeping; and some business analysis. This internship is an excellent opportunity for someone to gain farming skills and knowledge in a professional setting.
- The right candidates should be seriously considering commercial organic vegetable production as a career (most important).
- Course credits at an undergraduate institution related to vegetable production (plant biology, soils management, etc.)
- Proven ability to work hard in an outdoor setting
- Small stipend
- Percentage of gross tomato sales
- Share of vegetables and eggs
- Housing available
How to Apply
Interested students should contact Emilia Carbone, Farm Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Deadline to apply is rolling.